Travel Information: COVID-19 Update
NOTICE: 14-Day Mandatory Quarantine for all Hawaii Arrivals
In an effort to protect visitors and the people of Hawaii, Hawaii Governor David Ige has made the unprecedented request that visitors delay their visit and not travel to Hawaii at this time. It was announced that effective March 26 at 12:01 a.m. Hawaii is mandating a self-quarantine for ALL visitors and returning residents for 14 days or for the duration of their stay in Hawaii, whichever is shorter. This quarantine mandate will be in effect for an indefinite period of time.
Click here to read the Press Release from the Governor of the State of Hawaii.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Governor Ige has made the unprecedented request that visitors delay their visit and not travel to Hawaii at this time.
- The mandate applies to all arrivals to the state of Hawaii, including residents and guests.
- The mandate begins on Thursday, March 26 at 12:01 a.m. and will continue indefinitely.
- Visitors are responsible for quarantine costs.
- Visitors are to quarantine at their rented lodging.
- Residents are to quarantine in their homes.
- Data such as name, phone number and address of the hotel will be collected from the state’s agriculture form that travelers fill out prior to arrival.
- Violation of the quarantine is a misdemeanor and subject to a $5,000 fine and/or jail time.
We ask that all guests with existing reservations through April 17, 2020 reschedule their visit at this time. Our reservations team will be reaching out to assist affected reservations. You may also reach our central reservations team 24-hours a day, seven days a week toll-free by calling 1-855-945-4092 from the U.S. and Canada, or Worldwide Direct at +1-808-564-7618. Note: call volumes may be heavier than usual at this time. In addition, please note the following:
- Reservations made with third parties (including online travel agencies like Expedia, Booking, TripAdvisor and others) can only be modified by contacting the third party directly.
- Reservations made directly with hotels and resorts can be modified by the Front Desk team at those hotels and resorts.
- Reservations made on AquaAston.com can be modified on AquaAston.com on the following link: https://gc.synxis.com/?chain=10365&start=searchres&template=aap_rbe&shell=aap_rbe&locale=en-US
Our teams continue to closely monitor the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) statements and advisories regarding COVID-19. We continue to follow both WHO, CDC and local/state health department guidance, as well as any guidance which may be issued by local/state health departments regarding recommended hygiene standards. We are also working closely with our industry and vendor partners to adopt best practices around cleaning processes.
The rapidly evolving nature of this situation has resulted in new directives and legislation on almost a daily basis. So please continue to check here for the latest COVID-19 updates.
Our Cancellation Policy
In response to changing marketplace conditions, Aqua-Aston Hospitality is committed to ensuring our customers enjoy the most flexibility we can offer during these challenging times. In places where there are existing government restrictions around travel, including Hawaii, we will continue to provide waiver of change fees or offer full refunds.
In addition, for all Aqua-Aston managed hotels and resorts, we are implementing the following policies:
- For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates that are typically more restrictive, we will allow full changes or cancellation without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival, as long as the change or cancellation is made by April 30, 2020. Please note that any changes to existing reservations will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
- For guests making new reservations for any future arrival date, including reservations with pre-paid rates, between today and April 30, 2020, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before your scheduled arrival date. Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
Please note that some exclusions may apply. This policy does not apply to travel associated with a Group booking. Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness
The daily health and safety measures in place at our managed hotels and resorts are designed to address a broad spectrum of issues, including COVID-19. Those health and safety measures extend from handwashing hygiene and cleaning product specifications to guestroom and common-area cleaning procedures.
However, in response to the spread of COVID-19, our managed hotels and resorts have increased the cleaning protocols for high-frequency guest touchpoints and public areas. In addition, certain services and amenities – like fitness centers, guest programming and entertainment, and restaurant services have been temporarily limited, suspended or closed.
Our associates are also expected to follow the WHO and CDC recommendations for everyday preventative actions to help prevent the spread of diseases, and we encourage all guests to do the same both at home and while at our resorts.