Travel Information: Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Hawaii Quarantine Mandate for Trans-Pacific Travelers Extended Through July 31, 2020
Effective June 16, 2020, Inter-island Travelers No Longer Subject to Quarantine Mandate
- Effective through July 31, Hawaii Governor David Ige has mandated a self-quarantine for all persons entering the state (including visitors and returning residents) for 14 days or for the duration of their stay, whichever is shorter.
- This order does not apply to persons performing emergency response or critical infrastructure functions, who have been exempted by the Director of Emergency Management.
- Effective June 16, 2020, this order does not apply to persons traveling inter-island.
- Beginning August 1, all travelers arriving in Hawaii from out-of-state will be required to get a valid COVID-19 test within 72 hours of their trip, and to show proof of a negative test result at the airport, to avoid the 14-day quarantine. The FDA-approved PCR test from a CLIA-certified laboratory will need to be done prior to arrival. No testing will be provided upon arrival at the airport. For more information about the state’s pre-testing program, please visit: https://www.hawaiitourismauthority.org/news/alerts/covid-19-novel-coronavirus/
Here’s what you need to know:
- Governor Ige is requesting that travelers from out of state delay their visit and not visit Hawaii at this time.
- Visitors are responsible for quarantine costs.
- Visitors are to quarantine at their rented lodging.
- Residents are to quarantine in their homes.
- The Hawaii Department of Transportation (HDOT) has implemented measures to verify incoming passenger information before they leave the airport, to help ensure people are abiding by the traveler quarantine order.
- Data such as name, phone number and address will be collected from the state’s agriculture form that travelers fill out prior to arrival.
- Violation of the quarantine is a misdemeanor and subject to a $5,000 fine and/or a year imprisonment.
- Upon check-in at an Aqua-Aston Hospitality managed hotel or resort:
- Visitors subject to the quarantine mandate will be asked to sign an acknowledgement form, and they will be provided with a single-use key to their guest room.
- Inter-island travelers not subject to the quarantine mandate will be asked to provide proof of Hawaii residence, such as their Hawaii state license or other government issued identification.
- As host, Aqua-Aston Hospitality employees are required by law to report any guest who violates the terms of their self-quarantine to authorities, without a first warning.
NOTICE: Florida Quarantine Mandate Remains in Effect
All persons traveling to Florida from New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut are required upon entry to self-isolate or self-quarantine for 14 days, or for the duration of their presence in the state, whichever is shorter. This order does not apply to airline workers, active health care, emergency and military responders.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Upon entry in Florida, each arriving traveler or responsible family member (if traveling as a family) will be required to complete a traveler form.
- The form requires key information, including each traveler’s contact information and trip details.
- Failure to complete the form and failure to follow any isolation or quarantine order from the Department of Health are a violation of Florida law, subject to a fine of up to $500 and/or 60 days in jail.
- The National Guard and the Florida Department of Health will screen air travelers, and the Florida Highway Patrol will screen drivers.
Existing Reservations Through July 31, 2020
We encourage all guests who are subject to quarantine mandates and have existing reservations through July 31, 2020 to reschedule their visit at this time. Our reservations team will be reaching out to assist affected reservations. You may also reach our central reservations team 24-hours a day, seven days a week toll-free by calling 1-855-945-4092 from the U.S. and Canada, or Worldwide Direct at +1-808-564-7618. Note: call volumes may be heavier than usual at this time. In addition, please note the following:
- Reservations made with third parties (including online travel agencies like Expedia, Booking, TripAdvisor and others) can only be modified by contacting the third party directly. Reservations made directly with hotels and resorts can be modified by the Front Desk team at those hotels and resorts.
- Reservations made on AquaAston.com can be modified on AquaAston.com here.
Our teams continue to closely monitor the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) statements and advisories regarding COVID-19. We continue to follow both WHO, CDC and local/state health department guidance, as well as any guidance which may be issued by local/state health departments regarding recommended hygiene standards. We are also working closely with our industry and vendor partners to adopt best practices around cleaning processes. The rapidly evolving nature of this situation has resulted in new directives and legislation on a regular basis. So please continue to check here for the latest COVID-19 updates.
Our Cancellation Policy
In response to changing marketplace conditions, Aqua-Aston Hospitality is committed to ensuring our customers enjoy the most flexibility we can offer during these challenging times. As such, the current cancellation policy will be extended through July 5, 2020.
Effective July 6, 2020 for all Aqua-Aston managed hotels and resorts, we are extending our flexible reservation policies as follows:
- For guests with existing reservations for any future arrival date, the policies that were in place at the time of reservation, or as previously communicated, will continue to be honored.
- For guests making new reservations on or after July 6 for arrival dates through September 30, we will allow the reservation to be changed or cancelled at no charge up to 24 hours before the scheduled arrival date. Reservations with pre-paid rates will be subject to the rate offer rules communicated at the time of reservation. Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
- For guests making new reservations for arrival dates on or after October 1, the policies that were in place at the time of reservation will apply.
Please note that some exclusions may apply. This policy does not apply to travel associated with a Group booking. Guests who booked via online travel agents or other third-party travel professionals are advised to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
Introducing the Next Level of Clean
When you and your family stay with us, we want to help you stay healthy – from check-in to check-out. With hospital grade disinfectants, even more rigorous sanitization protocols, and a host of protective social distancing guidelines, you can look forward to your next vacation with us knowing we are already in the process of implementing the following next-level cleaning and safety standards:
Enhancing our Cleaning and Safety Protocols
- Implementing Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and government guidelines on health and hygiene standards
- Collaborating with our long-term third-party cleaning experts on comprehensive cleaning protocols
- Using CDC-approved cleaning materials that are effective against Novel Coronavirus
- Sanitizing high-touch surfaces at the front desk after each guest use, including counters, keyboards, payment stations, and key cards
- Applying a minimum of 24-hours for guest room sanitization between check-in’s
- Using enhanced cleaning procedures in high touch areas in guest rooms, such as light switches, remote controls, and door handles
- Ensuring linens, towels and laundry are professionally sanitized at high temperatures and in accordance with CDC and local authority guidelines
Protecting the Wellness of Our Guests and Associates
- Conducting daily health screenings, including temperature checks, for all associates before they start their shift
- Following all safety protocols as directed by local authorities
- Providing our associates with personal protective equipment
- Ensuring associates receive enhanced safety training and protocols
- Providing face masks to our guests upon a guest’s request
- Introducing modified, limited contact housekeeping and maintenance services
- Ensuring sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer are available at entrances and high traffic areas
- Reducing paper and other re-use amenities (like pens, notepads, magazines and guest directories) in guest rooms
Practicing Social Distancing
- Installing protective screens and shields like Plexiglas at key points of service, like the front desk
- Practicing social distancing throughout our managed hotels and resorts
- Implementing new serving requirements for foodservice
- Placing signage at hotels and resorts with reminders and tips on how to practice social distancing on vacation during check-in, check-out, using the elevator and when spending time in public spaces