Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) government mandates may affect your next trip to Hawaii or Florida. To help you stay informed, we’ve prepared a summary of the current government requirements below.
STATE OF HAWAII
- Effective through July 31, Hawaii Governor David Ige has mandated a self-quarantine for all persons entering the state (including visitors and returning residents) for 14 days or for the duration of their stay, whichever is shorter.
- This order does not apply to persons performing emergency response or critical infrastructure functions, who have been exempted by the Director of Emergency Management.
- Effective June 16, 2020, this order does not apply to persons traveling inter-island.
- Beginning September 1, all travelers arriving in Hawaii from out-of-state will be required to get a valid COVID-19 test within 72 hours of boarding their flight to Hawaii, and to show proof of a negative test result upon arrival at the airport, to avoid the 14-day quarantine. The FDA-approved test from a CLIA-certified laboratory will need to be done prior to arrival. No testing will be provided upon arrival at the airport.
Here's what you need to know:
- Visitors are responsible for COVID-19 test and/or quarantine costs.
- Visitors are to quarantine at their rented lodging.
- Residents are to quarantine in their homes.
- The Hawaii Department of Transportation (HDOT) has implemented measures to verify incoming passenger information before they leave the airport, to help ensure people are abiding by the traveler quarantine order.
- Data such as name, phone number and address will be collected from the state’s agriculture form that travelers fill out prior to arrival.
- Violation of the quarantine is a misdemeanor and subject to a $5,000 fine and/or a year imprisonment.
- Upon check-in at an Aqua-Aston Hospitality managed hotel or resort:
- Visitors subject to the quarantine mandate will be asked to sign an acknowledgement form, and they will be provided with a single-use key to their guest room.
- Inter-island travelers not subject to the quarantine mandate will be asked to provide proof of Hawaii residence, such as their Hawaii state license or other government issued identification.
- As host, Aqua-Aston Hospitality employees are required by law to report any guest who violates the terms of their self-quarantine to authorities, without a first warning.
- Face Coverings are required at all Aqua-Aston Hospitality hotels and resorts in all indoor public spaces. Indoor public spaces are defined as areas with a solid ceiling, including lobbies, common areas, corridors, and fitness centers.
STATE OF FLORIDA
Travelers arriving to Florida from New York, New Jersey, or Connecticut are required upon entry to self-isolate or self-quarantine for 14 days, or for the duration of their presence in the state, whichever is shorter. This order does not apply to airline workers, active health care, emergency and military responders.
Here's what you need to know:
- Upon entry in Florida, each arriving traveler or responsible family member (if traveling as a family) will be required to complete a traveler form.
- The form requires key information, including each traveler’s contact information and trip details.
- Failure to complete the form and failure to follow any isolation or quarantine order from the Department of Health are a violation of Florida law, subject to a fine of up to $500 and/or 60 days in jail.
- The National Guard and the Florida Department of Health will screen air travelers, and the Florida Highway Patrol will screen drivers.