Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) government mandates may affect your next trip to Hawaii or Florida. To help you stay informed, we’ve prepared a summary of the current government requirements below.
STATE OF HAWAII
Pre-Travel Testing Program to Begin Oct. 15
All individuals, both residents and visitors, arriving from out-of-state to Hawaii are still subject to a mandatory 14-day self-quarantine.
The Pre-Travel Testing Program is scheduled to begin on October 15. Travelers who, upon entry into the state, provide written confirmation from a state approved COVID-19 testing facility of a negative test result from a test administered to the traveler within 72 hours from the final leg of departure, will be exempt from the 14-day mandatory quarantine.
As set forth in Exhibit B of the 13th emergency proclamation, a “state approved COVID-19 test” means a test to determine the presence of active COVID-19 infection that has been approved for use under these rules by the Hawaii Department of Health (DOH). Currently approved is the processing by laboratories that are licensed or certified by Clinical Laboratories Improvement Amendments (CLIA) of specimens for nucleic acid amplification testing approved or authorized by the United States Food and Drug Administration, pursuant to an Emergency Use Authorization or other authorization for COVID-19 testing.
Travelers also will have their temperatures checked upon arrival and must fill out a travel and health form. Upon arrival in Hawaii, passengers unable to provide proof of an approved negative test will be required to go into quarantine for 14 days or until they can provide proof of negative test results. Read the FAQs here.
For more information visit Traveling To Hawaii.
Upon check-in at an Aqua-Aston Hospitality managed hotel or resort:
- Visitors subject to the quarantine mandate will be asked to sign an acknowledgement form, and they will be provided with a single-use key to their guest room.
- As host, Aqua-Aston Hospitality employees are required by law to report any guest who violates the terms of their self-quarantine to authorities, without a first warning.
- Face Coverings are required at all Aqua-Aston Hospitality hotels and resorts in all indoor public spaces.
- Indoor public spaces are defined as areas with a solid ceiling, including lobbies, common areas, corridors, and fitness centers.
Vehicle Rentals and Car Sharing:
- Operations that provide vehicles may not rent or provide car sharing services to any person who is subject to a 14-day self-quarantine order unless an exemption is granted.
For more details and information on important travel restrictions, please visit the Hawaii Tourism Authority COVID-19 updates page here.
STATE OF FLORIDA
- Residents and visitors are advised to wear face coverings if social distancing is not possible.
- Refrain from gatherings of more than 10 people.
- Avoid crowds, closed spaces and close contact.
For information about rules in place for state parks, restaurants, and other facilities check Plan for Florida’s Recovery.
For information about the latest information on communities, attractions and other activities and their status, check Visit Florida.