Aqua-Aston’s NEXT LEVEL OF CLEAN builds upon our already high standards of cleaning and disinfection. We use hospital grade cleaning products and upgraded protocols to ensure our guests enjoy an even cleaner stay from check-in to check-out. To view the COVID-19 Health and Safety Plans that were approved by the Hawaii Tourism Authority for each of our managed hotels and resorts, click here. The program includes designated NEXT LEVEL CLEAN Champions at each of the company’s managed hotels and resorts. These champions are leading the implementation of our new procedures, including:
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
- We adhere to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), government, and local authority guidelines on health and hygiene standards, and we have collaborated with third-party cleaning experts to create our comprehensive enhanced cleaning protocols.
- Our enhanced cleaning protocols include cleaning high-touch surfaces at the front desk after each guest use, including counters, keyboards, payment stations, and key cards.
- We also use enhanced cleaning procedures in high touch areas in guest rooms. Examples of high-touch areas include but are not limited to doorknobs, drawers, light switches, nightstands, thermostats, TVs, remote controls, cabinet doors, handles, and more.
Protecting the Wellness of Our Guests and Associates
Aqua-Aston hotels and resorts have individual COVID-19 Health and Safety Plans. These plans are approved by the Hawaii Tourism Authority and published online here. Here are some of the highlights:
- We conduct daily health screenings and temperature checks for all associates before each shift.
- We provide personal protective equipment to our Associates.
- We provide enhanced safety training to our Associates.
- Upon request, we provide face masks to guests.
- We have made sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer available in high traffic areas.
Limited-Contact Housekeeping Service
Another key feature of the COVID-19 Health and Safety Plans for Aqua-Aston hotels and resorts is enhanced housekeeping that limits contact between Guests and Associates.
- Instead of daily housekeeping, guest rooms are thoroughly cleaned upon departure.*
- For stays of seven nights or more, a mid-stay replenishment* of essential supplies is provided. Essential supplies include toilet paper, trash bags, and bathroom amenities (soap, shampoo, conditioner).
- Room Attendants do not enter guest rooms while delivering supplies. Supplies are packaged and placed inside the guest room door.
- We provide specific training to housekeeping staff on new ways of cleaning, how to disinfect against COVID-19, hygiene including handwashing, and the correct use of PPE.
- We regularly disinfect high-touch areas in guest rooms and common spaces like lobbies, elevators, recreational areas, and restrooms.
- The housekeeping staff is provided with and required to wear PPE, including masks and gloves.
*Note: Aston Waikiki Beach Tower, Aston Waikiki Circel Hotel, Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach, and ESPACIO The Jewel of Waikiki have implemented the enhanced cleaning procedures described but continue to provide daily housekeeping and replenishment of supplies.
Practicing Social Distancing
- We have installed protective screens and shields at key points of service, like the front desk.
- We have implemented new serving requirements for foodservice.
- We have installed social distancing signage, with tips on how to practice social distancing, in public spaces.